this is fast speed speaking... tots and feelings shared...

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Being considerate... easier said than done..

Ever seemed to wonder why some people just cannot be considerate of others? Well, stop wondering. The answer is coz they are like that. Dun spend your previous time wondering about such unremarkable behavior of a person...

I had a very recent experience of this.. Being the white-collared, peanut-earner that I am, I have to work 8 hours per day.. but then, since I am in a project of course it's a bit flexible lah. Still, I have to come to office ma..

Some people simply cannot understand what work ethics are (refer: professional employee).. esp. those who work for themselves most of their lives. I had a visitor who was staying at my place, and she expects (although she din ask, the hint was *blindly clear!) that I drive back all the way (25kms) to my place during lunch to fetch her to the town which is another hour away, plus jam... and then go back to the office to work.

Ok, not being a local, probably she has no ideas how far one place is from another, but isn't this a bit too much? I mean, c'mon, the public transportation in KL might not be so integrated, but there's always a Call-a-Cab! Of coz, that's what I did. I just called a cab for her.. but of course, have to undergo the entire course of being guilty and all..

Then, I was pressured to leave office early. So that I can go fetch her/meet up with her, etc etc.. As much as I wanted to, I still have to be a responsible team member/employee/person.. and finish my work before I can ciao.. I'd be more than willing to accompany my guest(s) if it's a weekend.. or a non-working day! But this is not...!

**Contradicting lah! How can being blind 'clear'? Hmm... ponder ponder..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home