this is fast speed speaking... tots and feelings shared...

Friday, February 27, 2004

Row, row, row your boat!

"Argh....! Stop that! No! Help...! I'm gonna topple over..!!" I screamed and shouted early this morning, at 7am!

Ever since my studious years, I have never woken up as early as this! Heck, even when I was schooling, I was the queen of being late! In college, I usually skip the early classes (if I'm bad luck enough to get such a schedule) or arrive late. Lecturers never scolded me, in fact they all liked me a lot, well, as long as I perform, I guess..

Now, what am I doing at such wee hours? Nothing much, just exercising. To be precise, boating. Ok, I know I don't exercise much, now, you shut up :P

A gang of colleagues who have been boating (kayaking) for months now have invited me to join them, and today is my first lesson. Although I was a bit reluctant at first due to the timing, I think that this is gonna be my new hobby. At least for now :)

Since there were eight of us, we were divided into 4 boats, each with a beginner and expert. For the first 20 minutes my partner briefed me on the 101s of boating and balancing (I found out that that's very important, unless you are in for a quick dip into the murky waters) and synchronization (with your partner). And soon after that, voila, I was just rowing away! Gee, I must admit, I am good!

Boating was pretty fun, as I have a good partner/coach. Although I have always liked him for his sense of humor, I came to find out today that he's also a very strong man indeed (Yeah, girls like strong guys!).

We chatted, sanged Row, row, row your boat.. , tried to race another boat, did funny stunts, and enjoyed looking at the wonderful scenery at the *Putrajaya Lakes. Now I'm gonna stick to him everytime we kayak, muahaha... he's in deep hell.. but being a sportsman that he is... we'll see!

*
Malaysian time = being sane homo sapiens, the Malaysians are almost always, late. Our time is always 5 - 10 mins later than the GMT (+8 for Malaysia).
Putrajaya = the new administrative state in Malaysia; the equivalent of Washington DC in the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home