this is fast speed speaking... tots and feelings shared...

Saturday, February 07, 2004

Welcome the year of Monkey!

Two 'lions' pranced into my house!!

Paid their respects to the dieties, bit off the vegetables (and the *ang pows attached to it) from the praying altar.

'Chewed' and 'spitted' the veges all over the place! Yucky!!

Danced their way around the house, looking for more veges to chew and more ang pows to 'pocket'.

And finally.... on their way out of the house, they spotted a 2-metre high pole, on its higher end the wind blew the ang pow excitedly. The two lions 'discussed' their plans to snatch the last one left..

The lion climbed onto the other lion and tried to bite off the target. Failed. Second try... failed again! Third try. This time, suddenly the lion at the bottom seems to have 'grown' more legs! Half the troupe members have suddenly jumped underneath the lion 'costume'!! Failed again! &^%@#$*! The lion at the top seems to be quite frailly!! Eww..!! The entire scene reminds me of my beloved *Simba when I am waving *treats at him, haha!

Finally, on the fourth try, someone grabbed and tried to lower the pole (playing tricks, not fair!!) .. mission accomplished! The lions did it!! Yey!

*prat prat prat prat.... BOM!*

The illegal red-firecrackers exploded to everyone's delight.

This was what happened during the open house that my parents organised on the first day of the Chinese New Year. We were all watching in awe as a troupe performed lion dances at our house. Roll in, all good luck!!

I told my dad that next year, I will invite a better lion dance troupe as I could not see any kung-fu actions earlier. My brother suggested the famous Penang troupe, and I nodded in unison (assuming that he's the one paying for it, haha).

This *Monkey year, I took a two-week break to celebrate CNY at my hometown, much to the envy of friends and foes. It's basically one of my best CNY celebrations as I practically stayed at home and did nothing. Well, except eating, eating and more eating.

Well, I lied.

Confessions.

I went clubbing until the wee hours in the morning.

I played mahjong for many days in a row, winning monies from basically everyone and anyone, and shouting "cheating cheating!!" when I lose...

I watched two 20-episodes tv series from *TVB non-stop for three days in a row, hogging the newly-built *Gold Class at home.

If I reveal more, I shall be condemmed to not eating ice cream for a year!


*ang pow = red packets containing money that are given to the 'younger' ones by married couples
Simba = my lovely Shih Tzu
treats = doggie treats rewarded when the Simba performs a trick or two...
Monkey year ~ according to the Chinese Zodiac of 12 animal signs, this year is the year of Monkey!
TVB = Television Broadcasts Ltd. A famous Hong Kong company that produces Chinese movies and series.
Gold Class = the nickname of our new home threater room at home, featuring individual reclining leather seats and exceptional sound quality that supports the latest DTS 5.1 ES with Sonus Faber Grand Piano speakers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home